Ad

Monday, August 26, 2013

Quick Links

Camera Drone crashes into crowd – malfunction or pilot error? | planet5D
Well, this is bothersome, as I'm thinking seriously about getting one of these things...
In the video below, you see there appears to be a ‘contour‘ kind of camera (small cylindrical camera somewhat like the goPro) and suddenly, it alters angle and dives right into the crowd… the gentleman filming shouts that it hit some man in the face.planet5D has so much to offer


Colour Grading with LUT’s in Premiere | James Miller | Philip Bloom
Getting Started: It’s Important to load adjust layers in the right order. Sometimes if you’re using too many adjustments, you may cut some weird clipping issues. In this example case of Philip’s ‘Hiding Place’, I started by marking the cuts as I was not working with the native edit. Although I still do lots of grading to locked down edits that have been supplied as Prores masters.


How to convert your dslr to a pinhole camera | Behind The Shutter
I wonder how this works with video? - maybe for timelapse...
Now, you might be wondering why in the world I would want to do this. Well, I am always looking for new ways to do something a little different and stand out from the crowd. Obviously, pinhole cameras are nothing new. but, could I modernize it and use it in my wedding and portrait business? See, the allure of a film based pinhole camera was not that tempting. I felt like that would be riddle with issues. I mean, how in the world would I know if I got the shot, or if I was even pointing the camera in the right direction?


Interview: Will Simmons | Go Into The Story
Will Simmons made a splash when he wrote the 2012 Black List script “Murder City” which was subsequently acquired by Aldamisa Entertainment. He also has two other projects in the works: “Romeo,” a modern day re-imagining of Shakespeare’s play, and “Defenders,” a science fiction thriller pitch bought by Warner Bros in June 2013 based upon a Hugo Award-winning novel.


The NLE that wouldn’t die II | Oliver Peters | digitalfilms
I’ve been cutting all manner of projects in FCP X since the beginning and am currently using it on a feature film. I augment it in lots of ways with plug-ins and utilities, so I’m about as deep into FCP X workflows as anyone out there. Yet, there are very few projects in which I don’t touch some aspect of Final Cut Studio to help get the job done.


Why it’s OK to fire difficult clients | F-Stop Academy
Film making takes huge effort, hours and days of pre production, planning, costs, people, time, expensive equipment, sweat and tears…let me ask you this…Should a customer spending £995 be treated the same as someone spending £50?


BIRTV 2013: MOVCAM BLACKMAGIC POCKET CINEMA CAMERA CAGE, WOODEN HANDGRIPS AND NEW BASEPLATE SYSTEMS FOR CANON 1DC, C300, SONY FS700 | News Shooter
Chinese rig maker Movcam have been extremely busy showing off lots of new rigs at the BIRTV show in Beijing this week.Most interesting were the new cage options for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema camera (BMPCC) and the new quick release baseplates for cameras like the Canon 1D C, C300 and various Sony’s.


John Brawley@brawlster | Twitter
Alexa and two pocket cinema cameras on a carmount. pic.twitter.com/rEmIYU7wvM


(SR5) Full E-mount zoom lens specs | SonyAlphaRumors
Spec of 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS Vario-Tesser T * E- 16 lenses in 12 groups
Spec of 18-105mm F4 G OSS E PZ- 16 lenses in 12 groups


Kevin Spacey urges TV channels to give control to viewers

No comments: