Ad

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Joe Simon Films

I was pointed to Joe Simon's work by a post at John Nack's blog: [Cool DIY aerial filmmaking.] I'm a big fan of low aerial shots, and have been intrigued by these video's shot using small remote-control helicopters. This one is very well done:


Heli Test #1 from Mutiny Bikes on Vimeo.

But then I saw this other video:


Denton/Fort Worth TX from Mutiny Bikes on Vimeo.

I really like this video; some of the choreography between camera and bikes is particularly impressive [see: sequences starting at 1:27, 1:54 and 2:38.]

I'd like to know what rigs they are using; you can see the cameraman at 3:50 using some kind of Steadicam, though in some of the sequences the camera surely is on a bike or rollerblades, or similar, to keep up with the bikes!

You can see more of Joe's work here: Joe Simmon Films

No comments: