Ad

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Nominations for best Oscar acceptance speech

and the nominations are:

Luke Matheny who won best live action short for God of Love.
For observing that he should have got a haircut and then thanking his mom who did craft services.


David Seidler who won for best original screenplay for The King's Speech.
"My father always said to me I would be a late bloomer."


Colin Firth who won for best actor for The King's Speech.
"I have a feeling my career's just peaked." "Now if you'll all excuse me, I have some impulses I must tend to back stage." And for saying that he was discovered as a child sensation 20 years ago.


but the winner is:

Randy Newman for an oddly rambling yet exhilarating speech with several unexpected moments including:
"They could find a fifth song from someone... Aw, the hell with it!"

No comments: