Ad

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Amazon Prime; unlimited free streaming of 5,000 movies and TV shows

It was rumored a month or so ago, and now they've gone and made it official. Amazon is offering free streaming for (many) movies and TV shows to their Amazon Prime members (Amazon Prime costs $79 a year, and provides free two-day shipping on all orders.)

I have Amazon Prime, so I can watch now on my computer, but it appears that I don't have anything (at the moment) that will let me stream to my TV. I may have to buy something like the Roku XD Streaming Player 1080p

Amazon: Main Page

[UPDATE: Engadget says the quality of the video is okay, but not great.

UPDATE 2: Just watched a bit of Silverado. Impressed that it started so quickly - I figured they'd be deluged right now - and quality is just okay; Standard Def, not HD

UPDATE 3 10PM: Looks like you do get HD versions. Waiting a minute or two at full screen, the resolution improves on my computer (hard to tell whether 720p or what it is, but it's pretty good, and a friend with a Roku says he's getting HD on his TV set.]







No comments: