Ad

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Apple Grumble

Oh Apple!

You do so like to mess with my mind!

When the iPhone 3G came out, I went down to the store on opening day, thinking it’d only take a couple of hours…and ended up spending half the day waiting in line. I swore I wouldn’t make that mistake again!

When the iPad came out I chose the home delivery option. A friend went down to the Apple store and had his at 9:10am. Mine wasn’t dropped off until 11:50am. [I have the exact time; we taunted texted each other.]

So when the iPhone 4 was announced, I was torn; pick up or delivery? I figured that after the iPhone 3G debacle, Apple would have it’s act together this time [huh!] so going to the store would probably mean I’d have the thing earlier than if I waited for delivery…so I reserved to pick it up at the Apple store.

And now comes news that those who chose delivery will get theirs the day before the store pickup date.

Sheesh!

Don’t you hate it when the rules of the game change underneath you?



NOTE: I may be doubly cranky about this; I was up until 2am installing iOS4 on my iPhone 3G. The three-and-a-half hour install was a lot of fun. The way things are shaping up, I'm suspecting that AT&T/Apple's authentication servers will be down all day Thursday.

No comments: