Ad

Saturday, April 03, 2010

IPad thoughts


It's the end of the first day with the iPad - or the first half a day - and it's been a very interesting experience. I'm still getting used to it, and it's really going to be interesting to see how things work out over the next few months. Will It become indispensable, or a nice to have toy? I don't know. Certainly there's lots of little things that are exciting: using it to play back video, view books, and even to edit content in limited ways is very appealing.

I'm writing this on the iPad, using Blogger and Safari. In horizontal mode the keyboard is surprisingly easy to use. I don't think I want to use it for typing all day, but for writing short entries it's very good. I wouldn't dream of doing something of this length on the iPhone.

There are already several interesting third party apps, and I'm curious to see what comes in the next few months.

With all the hype over the last few days, it's a little hard to really accurately gauge my reaction to this tool. It's amazingly clever, but it's not everything you could ever want. I really need to spend a long period of time to fully see how I'll use it.

But I can't wait to see!


Finslly, this will be my last "non-video" iPad blog. I already have another iPad-specific blog called iBookWriter, so I'll be posting more thoughts there as time goes on. If I come up with video related stuff about the iPad, I will include it here, but I'm going to try and stop the drooling that's been going on the last week!!

No comments: