Ad

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Apple needs to get serious about TV

Greg Sandoval at CNet thinks it's time for Apple to get serious about TV (or more accurately, time to fix the Apple TV .) With Wal-Mart acquiring Vudu, the stakes have been raised.

Of course, this is nothing new. There have been complaints about the Apple TV since it's introduction, and more recently a rumor that Apple is looking at upgrading the Apple TV OS to something more like the iPhone OS.

While this might happen, I don't think it will happen soon. Apple is going to be busy focusing on the iPad (and iPhone) and probably hoping to sell more video to iPad users.I don't see investing in the Apple TV being a priority for them. And believe me, I wish they would, since I own an Apple TV.

CNET: Time for Apple to get serious about video

No comments: